Saturday, October 25, 2008

A wonderful day!

Let me recap my beautiful saturday!
-This morning I woke up at the lovely hour of 7:10am
- Got the dogs up and out for potty
- Woke my sleeping prince
- put on my walking shoes and compfy clothes
-took pot roast out of the freezer for dinner tonight
-convinced said prince to go with me and the pups on a walk around the neighbohood
- walked with hubs and dogs till 8:00am
-prepared pot roast for crock pot
-made coffee
-went with lovely hub to farmers market, my most favorite place to be saturday mornings!
- drank coffee, ate muffins, bought g. beans and grapes
- came home, changed, and met Amy Beth at 9:40am to carpoole to our calligraphy class!
-Sat in class for 3 hours, listening to wonderful history on writing, practicing till I was sick of writing, and admiring my teachers wonderful calligraphy penmanship.
-Left with Amy, and headed home to grab my wallet
-Took Amy to lunch at Fig Garden (chipotle= YUM)
- putzed around P.B. admiring things i'd NEVER most likely buy.
- was then dropped off at home and began thinking about how much i needed to get somethings at the store for our dinner guests tonight and a new game to play after dinner!
-Target and Food Maxx for supplies
-run home ASAP to CLEAN CLEAN and COOK COOK COOK!
-Guests arrive, we eat, play, laugh, joke, discuss, drink, and be merry!
- all this boiliing down to me, sitting on the couch next to sleeping dogs: writing!

I wanted to tell you, for desert Amy and I made this amazing hot fudge, along w/ Vanilla sauce and carmel, to dip apples, strawberries, cookies, and brownies in, that was AMAZING. So I'm going to share with you the recipe!

Hot Fudge Sauce

To reheat this rich sauce in your microwave oven, allow 15-30 seconds on high

FAST
Start to finish: 15 minutes
Makes: 1 1/2 cups
(perfect for 6 people and you'll even have left overs!)

*3/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
*1/4 cup butter
*2/3 cup sugar
1 5-ounce can (2/3 cup) evaporated milk

1.) In a small sauce pan melt chocolate and butter. Add the sugar: gradually stir in the evaporated milk. Bring mixture to boiling: reduce heat. Boil gently over low heat for 8 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove pan from heat. Cool slightly, Serve warm! I recommed dipping truffle brownies and strawberries!

Enjoy!

Love:
Rach

No comments: