As the time draws neat to celebrate my husband and i’s 2nd year of marriage! (Novmber 11th) I feel the need to remember* my first two years of marriage and all the lovely and not so lovely things those two years had:
*this is very much spurred on by chrismas cards my mom recieves every year from this sweet family in Los Gatos that she used to nanny for, 5 or 6 kids… and the mom would write a list of things that happened to their family over the last year, new nick names, bruises from sports events, new animals, new crushes, pumkpins and christmas trees, trips, trials, blessings and everything else under the sun that happened to their family. I cherished reading this card yearly, i felt so close to this family, with only reading a few words per incident. I would like to write a card this year and maybe the rest of our years together on this earth, like theirs.
I think i’m going to buy a big journal and write all these things in it
I don’t ever want to forget what our first year was like:
*first thanksgiving: dancing with my dad in the living room becuase he had to go to the hospital and we missed our father daughter dance together m & i’s wedding, so we danced together in the living room at thanksgiving, i’ll never forget it…
*Moving into our first home together, LOTS of furniture, 4 dressers, 3 beds, 2 pairs of washers and dyers, lots of organizing and getting rid of.
* finding out things about each other we never knew: Michael sings a lot! Rachel hates hair on the sink
* our first pregnancy scare and the many more to come, yet no babies!
* prayers at bed time
* enjoying our kitters
*cold toes at winter time
* our first christmas together, opening stockings
* putting lights up on the house
* buying a G35 for michael
* selling his old car without even putting an ad out or hanging a sign on the window
* making up silly songs about our cat, and everyday life
* many farmers markets on saturdays
* attempting to hike our way up to the top of half dome and only making it to the top of navada falls, go Amy and Scott! they made it all the way up! And got engaged a week later
-Donna and Lutz
-Danny and Monica
-Ashley and Caleb
-Ben and Christy
-Scott and Amy
-Jen and Nate
- Karra and Brian
- Rachel and Aleks
-Trace May 5th 2007
- Grace Temple
*serving together in youth ministry
* buying our couches
* both celebrating our one year anniversary’s at our companies
* Rachel making a big job change
* Lymbyc Systym Concert with Brian and Lindsay at The Cellar Door in Visalia
*our first annual trip to Yosemite for valentines day! Snow on sunday morning of that trip
* The Ruelas’ first annual Super bowl party!
*Murder Mystery party at Pat and Brandons
*Casey turning 20, marco 19, jessica 13, james 24,michael 23, me 22, karie 25, brian 22
* I received my first sewing machine from the Stricklands!
*the wonderful wedding gifts from Rachel’s parents: bed and antique mirror
*Rachel’s beta died
to be continued